Monday is Quirky Country Music Song Titles Day! I promise I’m not making that up. But I am all about helping you celebrate!
So for your reading pleasure (and maybe listening if you choose to go down that rabbit hole), I present my choices for:
Quirkiest Country Music Songs
- I’VE GOT TEARS IN MY EARS (FROM LYIN’ ON MY BACK IN MY BED WHILE I CRY OVER YOU) sung by Homer and Jethro. The first two spots in my list have to go to the ones my Papa sang.
- (YOU DUN STOMPED) MY HEART by John Denver. How can you not laugh with lyrics like, “You dun stomped on my heart and you mashed that sucker flat. You just sorta stomped on my aorta”?
- FLUSHED FROM THE BATHROOM OF YOUR HEART by Johnny Cash. Was there a push to bring some levity to break-up songs?
- IF I DON’T LOVE YOU (GRITS AIN’T GROCERIES) by George Jones. I guess he loves her!
- YOU CAN’T ROLLER SKATE IN A BUFFALO HERD by Roger Miller. Do yourself a favor and click the link to hear the song and read the list of other things you can’t do!
- PROP ME UP BESIDE THE JUKEBOX (IF I DIE) by Joe Diffie. He doesn’t even want to leave the honky tonk after he’s dead!
- I’M GONNA HIRE A WINO TO DECORATE OUR HOME by David Frizzell. It’s not a break-up song, but it’s still a humorous spin on a sad situation.
- HOW COME YOUR DOG DON’T BITE NOBODY BUT ME by Webb Pierce
- I KEEP FORGETTIN’ THAT I FORGOT ABOUT YOU by Wynn Stewart. Sounds like my memory these days!
- MAY THE BIRD OF PARADISE (FLY UP YOUR NOSE) by “Little” Jimmy Dickens. If you don’t know this song then you don’t know how to creatively curse someone.
- THE MISSISSIPPI SQUIRREL REVIVAL by Ray Stevens. All you need to know is that this squirrel went berserk!
- ME NEITHER by Brad Paisley. Mr. Paisley has written and sung many funny songs. But this older one is my favorite. The title itself may not be that funny, but this picture of a rejected guy and his dignity makes me giggle every time.
Well, that’s my list! Do you have a favorite silly song? One that’s sillier than “I’ve Got Tears in My Ears”? If so, let us know in the comments and we can keep the laughs going.
And now for this week’s featured post from the link up.
Even though I practice the discipline of biblical fasting, I learned a lot from Donna’s Nurture Humility Through Alternative Fasting Tips. I pray you do as well!
The Link Up
1. Share 1 or 2 of your most recent CHRISTIAN LIVING posts. (No DIY, crafts, recipes, or inappropriate articles.) All links are randomly sorted.
2. Comment on 1 or 2 other links. Grace & Truth linkup encourages community.
3. Every host features one entry from the previous week. To be featured, include this button or link back here on your post (mandatory to be featured, but not to participate).
We encourage you to follow our hosts on their blogs or social media.
Now Let’s Link Up!
If you liked this post, then do me the huge honor of using the buttons below to share it to your favorite social media accounts. Also, if you want to get these essays emailed to you once a week, subscribe! Lastly, my posts may contain affiliate links and I earn from qualifying purchases. If you buy anything from one of these links, I will receive a few pennies to help offset the cost of this website at no additional charge to you. So thank you in advance for your help.