Do you remember David Letterman’s Top 10 Lists? They were always my favorite part of his show.
My favorite part of blogging is the community I get to experience here. Even if the relationships stay on the inter webs, I get to meet fellow writers and readers from all over the world. Without this technology, that camaraderie could not happen. Therefore, even though I write about Jesus stuff, I never want my posts to be sermons. I don’t want to preach while you listen. Trust me, no one wants to join that church! I hope and pray for dialogue. I share my ideas so I can hear yours. I want to know when you agree or disagree (not gonna lie, that one can sometimes hurt – depending on HOW you disagree. In other words, be NICE). I want us to learn from each other. Reading your comments brings me a ton-load of joy and food for thought (this is the kind of food I need to be consuming these days as the middle-aged spread keeps getting wider).
I try to be forthcoming and as transparent as my relationships with others and the prompting of the Holy Spirit allows while I put fingers to keyboard, so unless this is your first time reading (WELCOME!) you already know quite a bit about me. But in the interest of continued connection,
I racked my brain to come up with some things you might find interesting about me that I haven’t shared here before.
A David Letterman Style Top 10 List
- I had a cyst the size of a lemon in the roof of my mouth and had no idea.
- My husband and I were once both fired from our jobs for “illegally” dating each other.
- I still like to cuddle with a stuffed animal when I sleep, but a pillow will suffice.
- I feel compelled to finish reading a book even when I don’t like it.
- The cruise control in my car (that I’ve had for 5 years) remains a mystery to me and I have no real desire to learn to use it.
- I met David Hasselhoff and posed with his life-sized cardboard cut out (in his Baywatch trunks) at his suggestion while he took a picture.
- Procrastination is not a concept I have familiarized myself with. I seem incapable of it.
- I hate watermelon, but like watermelon candy. I love fresh cherries, but hate cherry-flavored candy.
- My first non-Christian concert was Michael Damian of “The Young and the Restless” fame. “Rock On” was his only hit song.
- As a yoga instructor, my addiction to Sonic Route 44’s is shameful!
Now for your assignment: Part 1 – Let me know in the comments which of these interests you the most. If you find it funny or fascinating or surprising, say so. I may choose to write more about it at a later date! Part 2 – Leave me one interesting or humorous thing about you that I don’t know. Thanks in advance for playing. I can’t wait to read them. And thank you, especially, for being my community. You will never know how much it means to me.
Don’t miss these great writers I link up with every week: